NOTE: Solidbyte is still early Alpha. While things mostly work, there may be some bugs and changes may occur quickly.
What is Solidbyte
Solidbyte is a smart contract development framework, similar to the much loved Truffle framework. It provides a framework for contract compilation, unit testing, deployment, and various tools to help with that process.
Well, if you don't like Python or having fun, use something else.
What makes Solidbyte different?
Right now, Solidbyte has a few features that aren't included in other frameworks:
- Local account support! It's 2019, why is anyone using
personal_unlockover the network?!?
- Support for both Solidity and Vyper (and both together)
- A Python interactive console
- A function and event signature dump
- EthPM Support (okay, it's in progress...)
- "Projcet templates" that allow you to standup a project structure with common patterns quickly. (ERC20 tokens, for instance)
- eth_tester support, for superfast testing
- Unit testing with pytest, including commonly used fixtures
What's to come?
- EthPM Support. Like actually working, I mean
- Smoothing of rough edges and improvement of the developer experience
- Code coverage integration
- More project templates
- More pytest fixtures
- Vyper and Solidity intermingling. Use of Solidity libraries for vyper, for instance. Will be tested and smoothed out
- Example projects
Feedback is always appreicated. Hit me up at the E-mail address in the header or open a GitHub issue and we can discuss further.